Thank you for choosing WomenCare for your healthcare. We are committed to your care being successful and your experience in our office being pleasant. Information on our key office polices follow.
Every Time You Visit Our Office
- There will be medical history and information to review and/or complete.
- You will be asked to show us your insurance card so please bring it with you.
- You will be asked to pay your copay or coinsurance for the visit. You will be asked to leave a credit card on file.
We value your time and strive to have you in and out of our office within an hour of your scheduled appointment time.
- If you are late for your appointment you should expect a delay in being seen and that we may need to reschedule you to an appointment later in the day &/or with another provider other than who you initially were scheduled to see. In some instances, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment to another day.
- If you are more than 15 minutes early for your appointment please plan to wait until your scheduled appointment time to be seen.
Annual Well Women/Preventative vs. Sick/Problem Visits
- Problems that you are having may not be able to be addressed at your annual well woman visit.
- Usually, we prefer to address your problems before we do your annual well woman examination.
- Insurance benefits are often different for well/preventive vs. sick/problem visits and we must comply with your insurance company contracts.
- We try to avoid addressing multiple concerns in a single visit because the time your provider is allotted for your visit may not allow them to do so thoroughly. If you have multiple concerns, please understand that your provider may need to ask you to come back to complete your annual exam and/or address your problem(s).
Standards of Care
Standards of Care developed by the American College of OB/GYN and/or required by insurance companies, are adhered to by our providers. This means routine recommended tests will be performed in accordance with their guidelines. Most often these tests are paid for by your insurance but we have found occasionally some of the sexually transmitted disease (STD) tests are not; it depends on your insurance coverage.
Diagnostic Test Results
Test results require an office visit or Telehealth visit to discuss. Please understand our providers and staff see patients during office hours and are not available to discuss test results with you over the phone.
Medication and Rx refills
Prescription refills are filled during office visits. We do not prescribe or refill prescriptions over the phone. By reviewing and signing this form, you agree to allow us to electronically obtain a list of your current medications using your insurance data.
All medical record requests must be submitted in writing. Please allow 7-10 business days for records processing. Charges will apply to records copied for patients but not when sent directly to other physicians.
Fees for Appointment Cancellation and No-Shows:
We require 24-48 hours advance notice to reschedule or cancel your appointment depending on the type of appointment. The fees are $35 or $50.
- Regular office visits: Must be cancelled or rescheduled 24 hours in advance to avoid a $35 fee.
- Procedures: Must be cancelled or rescheduled 48 hours in advance to avoid a $50 fee.
To effectively operate our office we leave appointment and other health care reminders via phone messages, email, & US mail.
If you have an email address, you will be set up to use the secure web portal. Your web portal will give you access to your test results, other health information as well as the ability to communicate with our office using secure messaging.