**PLEASE ARRIVE ONE HOUR PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT TO ALLOW TIME FOR CHECK-IN**
- This procedure cannot be done during a heavy menstrual period or if you are pregnant. PLEASE call the office if either of these conditions occurs.
- Do NOT insert anything into your vagina 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Do NOT take Aspirin within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Do NOT take Vitamin’s within 24 hours of procedure.
- Before we can take you back for the procedure your driver MUST be with you and also be here after the procedure to drive you home.
- Please do NOT bring small children with you, unless another adult is present to watch them for you.
- The following prescriptions has been sent to your pharmacy:
- Ibuprofen 800mg (#4) (to relieve pain)
- *Optional medication* Ativan 1mg (#1) (if needed, for anxiety)
- Take the prescription medications as follows:
- Ibuprofen: take one tablet one hour prior to procedure, then 1 tablet every 8 hours after procedure, if needed, for pain.
- *Optional medication* Ativan: take one tablet one hour prior to procedure.
- An injection is done in the cervix with Lidocaine to numb that area 15 minutes prior to the procedure starting.