**PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT TO ALLOW TIME FOR CHECK-IN**
- This procedure must be done within the first 7 days of your menstrual cycle (if applicable).
- You MUST have a driver for this procedure.
- Do NOT insert anything into your vagina 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Do NOT take Aspirin or Vitamin’s within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Please do NOT bring small children with you, unless another adult is present to watch them for you.
- Eat a light meal or snack 1 hour prior to your scheduled procedure to avoid an upset stomach.
- The following prescriptions have been sent to your pharmacy:
- Cytotec 200 mcg (generic: Misoprostol) #1 (to soften your cervix)
- Ibuprofen 800mg #4 (to relieve pain, if needed)
- *Optional medication* Ativan 1mg (1) 1 hour before procedure if needed, for anxiety.
- Take the prescription medications as follows:
- Cytotec: Place the tablet in mouth between the cheek and gum and let dissolve 3 hours prior to the procedure. This medication may cause some cramping and spotting but this is normal.
- Ibuprofen: take one tablet one hour prior to procedure then 1 tablet every 8 hours after procedure, as needed, for pain.
- *Optional Medication* Ativan: take one tablet one hour prior to procedure.