*PLEASE ARRIVE AT 10:30 A.M. TO ALLOW TIME FOR CHECK-IN
- This procedure cannot be done during a heavy menstrual period or if you are pregnant. PLEASE call the office if either of these conditions occurs.
- Do NOT take Aspirin and Vitamin’s or insert anything into the vagina within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Please do NOT bring small children with you, unless another adult is present to watch them for you.
- Before we can take you back for the procedure your driver MUST be with you and also be here after the procedure to drive you home.
- You can bring an ipod/MP3 player to listen to music during the procedure.
- You will be picking up the following prescriptions from the pharmacy:
- Cytotec (generic: Misoprostol) 200mcg #1 tablet
- Doxycycline 100mg #2 tablets
- Valium (generic: Diazepam) 10mg #1 tablet
- Norco (Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen) 5mg-325mg #5 tablets
- Take the prescriptions medication as follows:
- Cytotec: Place the tablet in mouth between the cheek and gum. Let dissolve 3 hours prior to procedure. This medication may cause some cramping and spotting but this is normal.
- Doxycycline: take one tablet one hour prior to the procedure with a light snack. You will take the second tablet after the procedure, 8 hours after the first pill.
- Valium: take one tablet one hour prior to the procedure.
- Norco: take one tablet one hour prior to procedure. You will have other tablets to take after the procedure 1 every 6 hours as needed for pain.
- Please make sure you have eaten within the hour BEFORE you take the medications 1 hour prior to the procedure.
*Please call the office if you have any questions regarding this information.